Depression is a common illness. Every other person having this illness. It’s like a mood fluctuation but it is different from usual mood fluctuation. It like an emotional response faced by people every day. It is a mood disorder that involves sadness and loss of interest in our life. But it’s not an important people face the same problem. People experience depression in different ways.
Such as life events, loss of job, personal life problems, etc can lead to depression. Depression can be for several weeks. Months, or years.
There are many situation or reason can lead to depression but major symptoms for depression are also there and it can be different in males and females.
There are a lot of signs of depression but it’s not important you have them all. It depends upon person to person.
The major symptoms are:
- Sleeping problem: person sleep too much or too little.
- Having fatigue or loss of energy
- Facing problem in thinking, concentrating, or making decision
- Changes in hunger.
- A discouraged state of mind
- Loss your sexual desire
- Thoughts of death, suicide, or attempt of suicide
- Slowed movement and speech
- Changes in your weight
- Reduced all the interest in your life
- Fluctuation in mood etc
And there are many more symptoms for which you can go for experts and asked them and follow their treatment.
For this Meri Help is one of the online Psychological Platforms in which you can take advice from one of the best experts in the context of symptoms of depression and that will be from any place.
But these symptoms are different from person to person. Like different in male, female, teenagers, children, etc.
Symptoms in Men:
In males, depression is likely more than in females to drink alcohol in excess, have an anger issue, and engage in risk-taking as a result of the disorder.
And other symptoms are:
- Started to avoid families and social life
- Start working without a break
- Have issues in sleep pattern like insomnia, excessive sleeping, not sleeping throughout the night
- Having physical issues like fatigue, digestive problem, etc.
- Abusive behavior in a relationship
Symptoms in women:
- Changes in mood such as irritation, angry, etc or different mood at one time
- Emotional trauma such as feeling sad, anxious, or losing hope.
- Loss of exercise, daily routine work, pulling out from social work, self-destruction.
- Changes in appetite
- Weight gain or loss. Etc
And there are many other symptoms or situation which lead to women into depression. Like: Personal problems such as: not having a good relationship with her husband or family and women were employed then she can face problem-related to work.
Symptoms in Teens or Students or Children
In Teenagers, teens face physical changes, fear pressure, problem in social life, relationship problem, and others are:
- Pulling out from loved ones
- Trouble focusing on homework
- Feeling remorseful, vulnerable, or useless
- Low self-esteem
- Thoughts of dying, suicide, or death
- Use of alcohol or drugs
- Self- harm- for example, cutting, burning, etc
- Vocal Outburst etc.
So, there are many symptoms that we can’t recognize, and because of this person go for counseling, so that they take proper care and share all their emotion.
And now for people’s convenience online counseling is also available and Meri Help is one of the online psychological counseling platform provide counseling in the context of Depression in which you book your slots and do online chat and video call too. And for this many Experts were also available so that you can choose one of the best experts.